A popular way to lose weight is to reduce eating foods that contain “starch” because it is believed that starch is a high energy food. Eating too much may accumulate until it turns into fat and can make you fatter, but in fact, reducing starch Is it the right way to lose weight?
Reducing “starch” and losing weight, is it true?
Prof. Daruneewan Warodomwijit, M.D., medical nutritionist and biochemistry Department of Internal Medicine Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University provide information that weight loss by reducing starch consumption can actually lose weight But it works only for a short period of time. For the following reasons
- Reducing carbohydrate nutrients such as rice and sweet fruits will lower blood sugar and stimulate the breakdown of fat to be used as energy
- when the body breaks down fat There will be keto bodies (ketone bodies) causing anorexia and eating less.
Caution if losing weight by reducing starch UFABET
- If you come back to eat flour again The weight will gain very quickly.
- may receive vitamins And minerals are not enough to meet the needs of the body.
- should drink a lot of water to prevent gallstones
- when eating animal fat May raise blood cholesterol
- people with congenital disease Consult with your doctor before starting to lose weight by reducing starch.
For those who want to lose weight in a safe and sustainable way. Able to control food by still eating all 5 food groups, but limiting the amount of food that provides less energy, such as fried food, high-sugar foods Choose to eat complex flours such as brown rice, whole wheat bread, etc. And don’t forget to do both weight training and cardio. Although it takes more time than starvation alone. But guarantee that it is safe and sustainable for sure